- Rejection of the plain biblical teaching (restored by Mr. Armstrong) of how Jesus Christ built a single unified Church, in favor of what the apostates and what Protestants teach about “the church and Body of Christ.”
- Rejection of Mr. Armstrong’s fulfillment of the Elijah role to “restore all things.”
- Rejection of one of the very greatest truths in itself, that of how God puts truth into His Church only through apostles.
- Rejection of the government of God as Mr. Armstrong taught it—every aspect of it. At its inception in 1995, ALL ministers in UCG actually resigned from the Christ-ordained offices into which they were placed (Eph. 4:11): Evangelists, Pastors, Preaching Elders—everyone became an elder with an equal “vote,” no matter how long they had been in the ministry. (I am a Pastor [in rank] in the Restored Church of God, as well as a member of the Advisory Council of Elders.)
- Permitting all kinds of marriages that are unbiblical and should NEVER be allowed.
- Use of makeup is permitted, even though Mr. Armstrong said time and again this is the very thing that permits the devil to get a toehold in the Church.
- The injection of the Person of Christ into the gospel.
- A lax almost non-approach to the all-important central “Ezekiel Warning.”
- Members in some groups no longer have the responsibility to keep third tithe (denying them the blessings promised by God – Deut. 14:28-29), and instead are encouraged to depend on social security and other government aid to care for widows, orphans and others in need.
- Assistance to worldly relief organizations in times of disaster is encouraged—instead of following the clear command of Christ to care for the brethren (Matt. 25:40).
- Most physical standards from the past have been thrown out—proper hair length (men and women), proper dress, Sabbath or otherwise (men and women). If your congregation is a little closer to “Ambassador” standards, but others are not, how is that “all speaking the same thing” (I Cor. 1:10)?
- Voting is permitted in a host of settings—in the world and the church, including on the most important things—leaders, doctrine, policy and budget. (I certainly had to repent of this.)
- Seventh era organizations:
- throw open the doors of the church. An “open door policy” now exists (COMPLETELY CONTRARY to Scripture and what Mr. Armstrong taught).
- allow birthday celebrations, a wide liberalizing of how the Sabbath is observed, as well as Sabbath attendance, Holy Day and Feast attendance (some no longer recognize the opening night of the Feast as a commanded assembly).
- allow true ministers to retire (being temporarily or permanently forced aside by bad health is different), with the church (really the brethren) giving them a pension to do nothing.
- And so much more…
- Preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God to all nations, as well as the Ezekiel Warning to the nations of modern Israel
- Feeding the Flock—caring for members around the world through an ever-growing ministry, and
- Reaching out to our brothers and sisters in the offshoots of the WCG, urging them to anoint their eyes and let Christ in—i.e., come back to the Body of Christ and let Him lead, through the government He has established in His Church.
“The Word of God clearly teaches us that there is but the one Spirit, and the one Body. (I Cor. 12:12-13, 20.)”
“That one body of Christ, carrying on His work, must function as a unit. It must work in harmony and unity, with teamwork, for God is not the author of confusion. There must be no pulling off in different directions by different men in that one Body. There must be no competition, or division. And any who knowingly promotes, or encourages anyone in promoting, such disharmony, competition, and division, becomes the enemy of God, and is serving the devil and not God!
“In order that this oneness—this unity of purpose and action—this harmony and co-operative teamwork, be maintained and preserved in God’s work, God has ordained government in His Church. And He has empowered His Church with divine authority.
“That government in God’s Church is government from God, thru Christ, thru apostles, thru evangelists, thru pastors, thru other elders, in that order!”